Monday, May 25, 2009

When did I become such an early riser...?

No, seriously....How am I awake right now? Oh well, I am happy I can get my day started! I have not taken the time to really investigate this whole blogging thing or to even blog at all, but I can at least post this pointless story.....


So a couple weekends ago I went to Huntington Beach for this singles conference. I have to admit, I DID NOT want to go, but I felt like I should and it ended up being so much fun! My old roommate here in Utah named Amy now lives in HB so we hung out the whole time; man, I miss that girl! Anyway, I drove down with my friend Ron and his younger brother Steve who are both hilarious. Since this was a "mid-singles" conference (my first one, btw) I was definitely the youngest person attending...besides Steve who is 23 and was such a good sport! On Friday and Satuday night they had a huge dance so Steve decided to spice things up a bit since he was just there for fun and wasn't really lookin' for love....(Just so you know, I have never seen so many vultures ready to strike! All the guys were there for a purpose-to find a wife- and they meant business! It was a meat-market for sure! Good for them, though...I have to admire one's persistence in pushing toward the big M!). Back to Steve...so he stopped by Wal-Mart to get some toiletries and happened upon an eye patch. He bought the eye patch to wear it to the dance and when girls would walk by he'd lift the eye patch and say, "Well, hello there!"...ha!! It was so hilarious! Maybe you had to be there, but I was laughing for hours.





At the end of the night a big group of us went to the ever popular late night Denny's substitute Harbor House; always gross food, but always a good time. While we were waiting for our food, a group of drunk cougars paraded by our table, so naturally Steve decided this was a fantastic opportunity! We all pitched in money and dared him to go give the leader of the pack-o-cougs a dance at her table. Sure enough, Steve didn't even care about the money, he just loved the idea. He went over to the table and started dancing away and lifting up his shirt. What he didn't realize though, despite everyone desperately trying to tell him, was that he was at the wrong table! He was giving a dance to a grown man..a very confused and disturbed man. He eventually realized and just walked away to start his dance for the intended table. It was sooo funny!














No comments: